Initial impressions

All Mercedes A35 related discussions
duddy

Initial impressions

Post by duddy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Picked mine up yesterday and here are my initial thoughts:

1) there is a load of tech in the car, we may need a help group to get close to understanding it all!
2) the hey Mercedes thing is hopeless
3) in comfort mode it’s comfy, great for a daily driver
4) sport plus sees the revs rise so since I’m trying to stay below 4500 revs I haven’t explored it
5) if you were in Germany, 3000 revs would look like 105 mph in 7th gear so running in won’t be a problem
6) I stepped out of a bmw 330d, a torquey car but the A35 didn’t disappoint performance wise, it’s different but loads of go everywhere
7) seats are comfy
8) the sun roof was a good call for me, I like the light it gives
9) the mojave silver seems popular with those that see it, I wanted a stealth car but may have misjudged, why no “no badge” option Mercedes?
10) all in all, having bought before a test drive was available I’m happy and can’t wait to dig deeper once run it ( I’m being told stay below 4500 revs for 1000 miles, everyone getting the same advice?)

Chris A

Re: Initial impressions

Post by Chris A » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:38 am

Hi duddy , very brave ordering before testing one, I tested two ,one was new so had to be steady but the other had over 2k so could enjoy , I would be surprised if anyone is disappointed. As for running in I personally will keep below 4000 revs but keep us updated with your thoughts. Chris A

duddy

Post by duddy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:20 pm

Brave/foolish is a fine line, I was after a Golf R but lead times were long and a new 2019 model was looming, similar story with the S3, BMW 140 is great but this is a daily driver and I use it for work so RWD only didn’t appeal. I tried a basic a class and I fitted so I though a 300bhp version would be fine 😇.

A35edition1

Post by A35edition1 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi,

I bought mine without testing too. Tested a standard a classe and i was sold. After i bought it i did drove a a35 a few months later. He did not dissapoint. What a great car.

Ritchie1935

Re: Initial impressions Ritchie1935

Post by Ritchie1935 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:14 am

I bought mine early May without a test drive not run in yet l love it will take me time to get my head round all the tech available. Bought to replace 250 AMG and not disappointed handling so much better.

jayjet17

Post by jayjet17 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:44 am

Hey! I also bought mine without a test drive(and having never driven a Merc before). went to the garage for my friend, saw the brand new a35 there, impulsively bought it and picked it up 2 days later!
I stayed below 4500 revs for 1.5k Miles (on my windscreen in the top right corner there was a Mercedes sticker which had the ideal 'running in' steps. I've now done 4K miles and Ive loved every second of it!
the tech I find is amazing, will never get bored of it!
Sun roof was a great option, I have mine open most of the time. mine is all black with the aero kit, looks very nice!
I live in Guernsey so a small islands in the English channel, taken the car over to the UK for a good run and also taking it to france in a couple weeks. the performance is incredible, the interior is leagues above competitors.

Chris A

Post by Chris A » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:42 am

Cannot believe you guys bought without testing,I bought facelift s3 after quick up and down drive hated it so much bought my A35 six months later after 2 hour test drive, ps love Guernsey but tricky for A35

Harvester

Post by Harvester » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:07 am

I also bought mine without being able to drive one and I’m certainly not disappointed , the car on arrival looks stunning and in the few days I’ve had it gets people looking when parked up so it’s either pig ugly or a beauty ., I was initially told not to worry about running in but on reading the supplied books advises on 4500rpm so much to my disappointment have been taking it easy , that said have had a few brief moments in sports + and I like what I hear and feel .., inside tech is awesome and after sitting in the dark for over a few hours I have just about got my head around controlling certain aspects of the car the rest will follow over time . Not sure if I love the touch pad compared to my A250 simple wheel but time will tell ..in all love it though